The group "Youth for Youth" was established in 1996, and consists of young people aged 16-30. The group’s initial aim was to raise awareness and educate young people on issues around safer sex and healthy communication in relationships.
Volunteer in this group have opportunities to:
• be trained on sexual and reproductive health and rights issues.
• educate other young people on these issues through seminars and workshops
• regularly inform young people through dissemination of informational material.
• be informed on sexual and reproductive health and rights of young people.
• organize events and other activities.
• participate in exchange programs with young people from European Union countries and other countries.
• assist in formulating policy and participate in decision making in collaboration with the staff and the Board of the Association.
• offer support and advice to young people under the operation of the helpline 1455.
• participate in educational programs of both the Association and other organizations and institutions both in Cyprus and abroad.
6 reasons for becoming a volunteer with the group "Youth for Youth"
• It is considered one of the most active young volunteer groups in operation among NGOs in Cyprus.
• It covers issues of interest to every young person ... without objections.
• It is a member of a global network – the International Planned Parenthood Federation, with thousands of volunteers in over 160 countries.
• It already has a rich past through which it has been through a lot ... and learned a lot as a team of volunteers.
• Its opinions are taken into account and it is considered the driving force of the Association.
• They have a great time, and want to share their own experiences and knowledge with other young people.
How can someone become a member of the "Youth for Youth" group?
The membership procedure is as follows:
• Complete an application which includes some personal data of the applicant.
• Personal interview with the Youth Program Officer in charge, during which he / she is actually updated on programs and services of the Association as well as the mission and vision.
• Payment of annual membership fee, amounting to €10.00.